Download SimMine and its requirements.
Note! Before upgrading to a new version, take a database backup prior to installing the new version of SimMine!
Note2! Version 4 does not install correctly if a version 3 or earlier version of SimMine already exist on the computer. Uninstall the older version first.
On this page
Files in this Download
The links in this section correspond to separate files available in this download. Download the files most appropriate for you.
This download is for new installations or upgrades. SimMine requires some components to exist before you can install it. These requirements does only need to be installed once. For a first-time install, please download the requirements here.
SimMine is supported on both 32 and 64 bit windows operating systems with the following limitations:
- If Microsoft Office 64-bit version is installed, the 32-bit version of SimMine is not supported.
- On many 64bit versions of windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems, 32-bit ofice is installed. In this case, Aero must be enabled. If it is not enabled, it must exist a 32-bit driver for OpenGL. This driver is often missing or non-existing.
This new SimMine version contains all necessary files to start using SimMine.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista 32 and 64-bit; Windows 7 32 and 64-bit; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10
- Intel Pentium or compatible 1.8GHz or higher processor
- 4GB of RAM.
- 150 MB of available hard disk space
- For licensed version – 1 free USB port.
Important Note: For 64-bit operating systems, Microsoft office can be installed in 32 or 64bit versions. This decides if a 32bit or 64bit version of SimMine shall be installed. The version of Microsoft Access database engine which correspond to the office version (32 or 64 bit) must be installed (in the requirement package). A 64-bit version of the Microsoft Access database engine driver cannot be installed if a 32bit Microsoft Office version is installed. For systems with a Microsoft Office 64-bit version, SimMine 32-bit is not supported
Virtual machines are not supported for trial versions. For other versions, it depends on the license (HASP lock).
Steps to download and install the requirements:
Note: The requirements are only required to be installed once. After this is done, only SimMine is needed to be installed when new versions are published.
- Step 1: Download the correct requirements file by clicking the download link. (one prior to version 4, and one for versions 4 and up)
- Step 2: Unzip the downloaded file to a location of your choice.
- Step 3: Double Click the accessdatabaseEngine.exe file, and follow the installation instructions.
- Step 4: If you are installing a licensed version of SimMine, the HASP Runtime must be installed (in requirements.zip file). If you are installing the trial version or student version, this step can be skipped. Doubleclick the HaspUserSetup.exe file in the Sentinel_HASP_Run-time_setup folder. Follow the wizard to install the HASP Runtime.
- Step 5: Install the SlimDx driver (for version 4 and up, select the driver with the same bit version as for the database engine driver)
Steps to download and install SimMine:
- Step 1: Download the SimMine_vX.XX.zip file by clicking the download link for the version you wish to download. Save it to your computer.Note: SimMine_vX.XX.zip cannot be run directly. It must be unzipped before running its files.
- Step 2: Unzip the downloaded zip file to a folder of your choice.
- Step 3: Once you have extracted the file, for installation prerequisites and instructions, open the InstallInstructions.pdf (this can be found in the root of the directory you specified in the above step#2).
- Step 4: Install SimMine by double click the setup.exe file from the unzipped files, read through the licensing agreement information and if you accept the terms, click the “Agree” button.
|Install instructions v1-3||Instructions for how to install SimMine prior to version 4||2015-12-10|
|Install instructions v4||Instructions for how to install SimMine version 4 and its components||2017-04-04|
|Requirements||The requirements needed to run SimMine. Only needs to be installed once||2015-12-10|
|SimMine_v4.12_32bit||32bit version of SimMine||2019-07-05|
|SimMine_v4.12_64bit||64bit version of SimMine||2019-07-05|
|SimMine_v3.15_32bit||32bit version of SimMine||2017-03-02|
|SimMine_v3.15_64bit||64bit version of SimMine||2017-03-02|
|SimMine_v4.11_trial_32||32bit trial version of SimMine (45 days)||2018-12-02|
|SimMine_v4.11_trial_64||64bit trial version of SimMine (45 days)||2018-12-02|
|SimMine_v2.50_32bit||32bit version of SimMine||2014-10-23|
|SimMine_v2.50_64bit||64bit version of SimMine||2014-10-23|
|SimMine_v1.22_32bit||32bit version of SimMine||2013-04-25|
|SimMine_v1.22_64bit||64bit version of SimMine||2013-04-25|
|SimMine Player||SimMine Player to play a recorded simulation from SimMine||2015-10-05|
|Sentinel HASP License update instructions||Instructions for how to update or prolong your license||2015-12-10|
|SimMine Remote Update Service||A license update application for hardware locks||2016-12-19|
For a list of changes between versions, please check out the Version history